6.3 Flyer Distribution
It is important to cover the area with the missing child's picture
and to remind people that the child is missing. As more people see
the flyer, more people will be on the lookout. This may increase
pressure on the abductor to the point where the child is released.
- Have a map at the door for volunteers to place a dot where they
will be posting and distributing flyers. You will rapidly spot any
holes in your coverage.
- Saturate the area where the child was last seen.
- Post in fast food restaurants, gas stations, convenience stores,
grocery stores, post offices, shopping malls, schools, city halls,
police stations, fire stations, rental car agencies, airports, hotels,
motels, banks, drive in tellers, UPS offices, utility company offices,
dentists offices, doctors offices, hospitals, morgues, ...
- FAX a flyer to all missing child agencies.
- See if local papers will insert flyers in the paper.
- Ask churches to put them in their Sunday bulletins.
- You may be able to distribute flyers at major sports events.
- Ask pizza companies and video rental stores to place a flyer
on each box or rented video.
- Ask Wal-Mart, UPS, and other companies that deliver items if
their truck drivers can drop off flyers at every stop.
- See if businesses will send flyers to branch locations.
- Record names of cooperating businesses - refer to Section
on List Maintenance.