3.5 Phase Five - Search Termination / Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
- Finalize transfer of all pertinent information to presiding law
- Terminate search operations (Section
on Recovery Center Shutdown).
- Conduct Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (See section
- Secure all Historian records and decide who retains custody.
Every situation is unique - but consider the following:
- Long term family needs for future investigations.
- Archival records for law enforcement agency.
- Law enforcement agency may ask for all records - remember that
they belong to the Recovery Center and may be needed in the future
by other agencies or the family.