3.3 Phase Three - Expanded Search and Assessment
- Reevaluate Phase One operations. Research areas as needed. Correct
any obvious errors.
- Monitor data management systems and historical tracking of data,
volunteers, and search results.
- Coordinate with law enforcement to expand radius as the situation
dictates. Reevaluate search parameters continuously.
- Re-energize media strategy as needed to maintain positive involvement
in the search. Media brings searchers; searchers bring media. See
on Public Affairs.
- Monitor Recovery Center operations.
- Brief staff regularly. Keep the volunteers focused on the missing
child. Fatigue is inevitable by this point. Be on guard for warning
signs of any conflicts that may cause problems to search operations.
- Rotate operations and planning staff by overlapping shifts. Establish
- Establish operational hours the Recovery Center is open to the
- Anticipate fallout of volunteers in key positions.
- Recruit and train as needed.
- Monitor stress levels.
- Begin to think about exit from search activity.